We get at least 3 emails every week from people asking how to make money on WhatsApp.
At first, I thought they were joking, but as I kept asking the same question, I got my attention.
Unfortunately, like you, WhatsApp seemed to be ‘another’ message with millions of users around the world, but there was no way to monetize it.
Unlike other social and messaging apps, I thought there was no way to earn a decent income using the WhatsApp application.
I sat down, did some digging, and finally came up with what I’m reading right now.
I admit it was difficult to make this list not because monetizing WhatsApp was impossible, but because 90% of the strategies I received were scams.
Let’s go ahead and confirm that yes, you can make money on WhatsApp in any country.
However, while there is no direct way to make money on WhatsApp, there are strategies that you can apply and utilize WhatsApp and earn passive income.
What You Need to Start Making Money on WhatsApp
Before you start earning, there are a few things you need to address first. These include:
- You have a huge contact list of people who want to hear from you. If you have a website, you can become a blog reader. local group members, etc.
- Become a member of a large Whatsapp group. It shouldn’t be another group full of people, the group should be cluttered with activity. For example, say 10 or more posts per day in which members are actively engaged.
Back in 2021, when I was monetizing through WhatsApp, I realized that these two were kind of ‘assets’.
Think of it as a bridge to an environment where money abounds and your dreams come true.
That said, let’s go through the list.
- Join ySense
- Use affiliate links
- pay per download
- Drive blog traffic
- Other business marketing
Let’s get it right, shall we?
How to Make Money on WhatsApp in 2022
1. Join ySense
Also known as ClixSense, this method immediately became the best way to make money on WhatsApp in 2022.
So, how does it work?
Well, you’ve probably heard of the following thoughts. Pay per click.
An advertising metric that you are only charged when someone clicks on your link. The entire model can be reversed.
Let me explain.
ClickSense is part of a network of platforms that run a pay-per-click (PTC) model. Every time someone clicks on your link, you get paid.
If making money was so easy, why doesn’t everyone do it?
Well, it turns out that many of the biggest scams on the internet use such models to extort innocent people. They make great promises and pay nothing.
ySense is a kind of ‘white’ sheet over a sea of wolves.
You get paid for completing surveys, games, and, above all, watching videos on the platform.
In addition to this, you can also recommend ClickSense to your friends and earn commissions. And then WhatsApp comes in.
When you open an account on the site, you will receive a unique invitation (referral) link. Get the link, share it with your WhatsApp contacts and be a member of the group.
How to make more money using this method.
- Take surveys and refer people to earn more money. In fact, you can’t participate in most surveys, but some will fit your profile.
- Avoid spam groups that contain links that make promises you can’t keep. Instead of blasting referral links in WhatsApp groups, provide value first and then link later. Ignore this at your own risk
- Don’t be greedy, join a random group and add strangers by name ‘get a number’. Have a group of people who trust you and have a relationship with you. It’s easier to follow the advice of a ‘friend’ than a stranger.
This means that once you start earning, ySense allows you to withdraw your earnings through Skrill.
2. Affiliate Marketing on WhatsApp
As an affiliate marketer, you get paid every time you successfully refer a paying client to a business.
And there are a lot of such programs going on, some with huge payouts. This works best if you have a list of motivated contacts or belong to an advanced WhatsApp group.
If you are a woman and belong to several female Whatsapp groups, you can register as an affiliate of your local eCommerce website. Increase your sales potential by promoting women’s products.
Let’s see how that goes.
- Choose your target group – talk about a specific topic, fashion
- Add value to your group by teaching them what they care about. For example, how to better wear them with trendy fashion designs
- Include affiliate links within your message. If you are interested in the design, thank you to purchase.
- Make sure you are transparent about affiliate links. I know you think that if you tell people about it they won’t want to buy it, but that’s not the case. Transparency brings trust. People tend to buy from people they trust.
If you are a member of a group of 200 members, use your link to say that only 10 people have made a purchase ($10 product). That’s $100! This is how to make money on WhatsApp in 2020.
Again, don’t spam people with a lot of links. I know because I see this a lot and hate it. Also, only promote products that add value to someone’s life, not because you’re getting paid.
3. Selling Your Own Merchandise
WhatsApp is like a social platform for friends and family.
It’s a way to stay in touch, talk, and laugh with your loved ones. It’s also a way to promote each other’s hustle by buying or referring customers.
Instead of sending affiliate links and making commissions, you can earn significant profits by selling products.
The question is, how does this work?
If you sell custom t-shirts, all you need to do is take a photo of your design and share it with your group and contacts.
Please do not send unsolicited messages.
For this reason, consider Whatsapp groups.
Encourage people who are interested in your product to participate. Once you’ve secured a significant membership, don’t over-promote.
There are marketing rules, 80/20 rules.
Ideally, 80% of the content you send should aim to build trust and relationships with members and contacts. The remaining 20% is for promotion.
How can I implement it?
If you send 3 messages a day to a WhatsApp group, you should promote only one of those messages. The rest should add value to your audience.
Can You Still Make Money on WhatsApp in 2022 If You Don’t Have a Product?
I know that most people give up because they feel they don’t have what it takes to sell a product.
Spoiler alert! You don’t have to own a product to make money on WhatsApp.
No, I’m not talking about the affiliate marketing I’ve already covered above.
- Open your online store on your website or using Shopify.
- Add product images from local suppliers, manufacturers or wholesalers
- Promote products in WhatsApp groups and contacts
- Every time someone place an order, take the money and place an order with the supplier.
- pocket the difference
See what just happened?
First, You didn’t own any stock.
Second, You didn’t see the product at all.
But now you have money. What happened? This is called drop shipping.
Can You Market Your Skills on Whatsapp?
If you’re a web designer, showcase your work through WhatsApp. Who knows who will see? Your customers may not be there, but your friends may recommend you.
4. Get Paid to Market Other Businesses
If you think you can only do it on Facebook or Instagram, think again. What every business needs are to reach a motivated audience who is ready to take action.
Take a moment and think about it.
Whatsapp is a social app
You have a huge contact list with groups of people who know and trust you. Why don’t they get paid to promote their business?
- Go to social media and different boards in which marketers hang out
- Through WhatsApp, we can help you reach thousands of people who are interested in fashion. If you are interested, please send me a private message or contact me at my email.
Sit back and watch as the leads flow in.
Choose only those that can provide results.
Have a strategy to promote your business through WhatsApp.
5. Pay Per Download
This is where you upload files such as images, videos, and games to your website. Every time someone downloads, you get paid.
Actually, sounds so good?
Trust me, I couldn’t believe it either.
Before anyone can download a file, they must first complete a survey or click on an ad. This is how these sites pay you.
How to implement this in 2022:
- Choose a specific topic and say Share Meme.
- Join a group or make contacts of people interested in memes.
- Upload a meme to such a website
- Copy the link to this content and share it in your WhatsApp groups and status.
- Pay every time someone downloads a meme
Platforms providing these services include Uplod.org and Fileice.net.
6. Promoting Your Blog
If you have a blog, you can easily drive targeted traffic through WhatsApp.
Simply create or join a group with people who are interested in your topic. Talk about your blog and post a link.
Consider starting an online earning, WhatsApp group trading for your blog.
Invite your friends to join. Provide value regularly and post support links to your blog.
You can install Google AdSense on your website to make money on WhatsApp this way. Or sell digital products such as courses or ebooks.
I saw a blog on WhatsApp go viral.
People who share like crazy. We hope that the more you share, the more readers you get and the more money you make.
7. Customer Service Agent
Over 100 million people use WhatsApp to connect with friends and brands.
Here is a simple question.
How would you like to contact the business? Email or WhatsApp?
You will choose WhatsApp. why? It’s faster than waiting for days to get a reply to your mail.
I like it because it’s personal and I feel valued every time my company contacts me via WhatsApp.
Despite all this, the brand is struggling to keep up with demand.
They are overwhelmed by the hundreds of messages they receive every day.
You can help them reply and sort these messages. Become a WhatsApp Customer Service Agent.
Go to your local eCommerce website and promote this idea. Show them how valuable it is to have a WhatApp saw option on their checkout page.
This will help reduce abandoned carts by allowing customers to ask questions.
I know it sounds strange that it will be possible to make money on WhatsApp in 2022. But yes, it was possible in 2021.